Community Forum

Cable installed 3 months ago - Orange cable still running above ground

New Poster

Cable installed 3 months ago - Orange cable still running above ground

I purchased a home in February, had Xfinity installed right away. Prior owner had never had cable, so they had to run an orange cable outside my home. The install crew didn't mention this, so the next day when I noticed it, I called Xfinity, they told me that they'd schedule someone to come out to bury the cable, because of the weather it would be 6-8 weeks. It's now been 3 months, I haven't heard a word - I've tried to follow up via chat, but the chat doesn't work (tells me a phone number is required, when there's no field to enter a phone number). I'd like this unsightly cable gone...Help?

Valued Contributor

Re: Cable installed 3 months ago - Orange cable still running above ground

You need a drop/bury done. It sounds like this was scheduled but possibly canceled or incorrectly marked as finished. I would call back and have tech support submit this for you.
Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hey @kjewkes

I'd be more than happy to reach out to your local Tech Ops team to have this taken care of your for you. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!