Community Forum

Cable has been removed from the pole

Frequent Visitor

Cable has been removed from the pole

My cable has been removed from the pole for no reason, and have been calling the comcast and every time I call getting the same script read to me, that Tec is on his way and will be done by 6:00 today, It has been 7 days now and have not seen any comcast truck going by house.

Expert

Re: Cable has been removed from the pole

Are you a customer without service? Do you have an appointment for a tech visit?

I am not an employee.
Admin1

Re: Cable has been removed from the pole

Hi singhj -- I can help with your downed line. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number. I'll have a job built to have this line repaired.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: I have been waiting for more than 12 day to reconnect a Cable been removed from the pole

I have been waiting got 12 days now and called number of times comcast  open more than 6 tickets, talk to many supervisor and higher up managers, again and again promised my problem will be solved by the end of day, nothing happens. Two techs came to the house and closed the tickets marked work complete. Very frustrated.

Expert

Re: I have been waiting for more than 12 day to reconnect a Cable been removed from the pole

@singhj wrote:

I have been waiting got 12 days now and called number of times comcast  open more than 6 tickets, talk to many supervisor and higher up managers, again and again promised my problem will be solved by the end of day, nothing happens. Two techs came to the house and closed the tickets marked work complete. Very frustrated.

Did you follow ComcastZach's instructions above?

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a fellow customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Admin1

singhj -- Thank you for sending a PM with your account information. I was able to speak with local tech ops about what was going on. They were able to direct the tech with what work needed to be done. The job is now showing as Complete. Can you confirm the line is now connected and that your service is working as intended?

Frequent Visitor

Yes tech came and connected the wire from the pole to house but he neglected to test if the signal is coming through or not. To answer your question no I am not connected to the internet and was given run around by the Comcast Agent to approve service charge for tech to come out and look at the problem. Not only that talk to three different agents and all were giving me different amount to be charge to my bill. I refuse to pay any chanrge, this problem was caused by Comcast at first place to cut the working wire for no reason.

Still frustrate and tech can not come until March 24th, I wonder if he will show up on.

Frequent Visitor

Yes tech came and connected the wire from the pole to house but he neglected to test if the signal is coming through or not. To answer your question no I am not connected to the internet and was given run around by the Comcast Agent to approve service charge for tech to come out and look at the problem. Not only that talk to three different agents and all were giving me different amount to be charge to my bill. I refuse to pay any chanrge, this problem was caused by Comcast at first place to cut the working wire for no reason.

Still frustrate and tech can not come until March 24th, I wonder if he will show up on.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, nothing is wrong with my modem, it was working (was on line) when wire was cut.

Expert

You might want to send a PM to @ComcastZach, he might not see your post here right away.

I am not an employee.
Frequent Visitor

no this job was not completed

Admin1

singhj -- Sorry to hear that this isn't fully resolved. I can fully understand your frustration with this. I can also understand being frustrated that it will be several more days until a tech can come, though please do understand that your area is going through another severe winter storm. These conditions are not safe for our techs to work in so all jobs are being pushed out for when the conditions improve.   

Frequent Visitor

We did not have a winter strom.

Frequent Visitor

Is any one investigating why all these worng tickets were created, I have spend about 10 hours explaining this problem, but they refuse to understand that wire is missing from the pole to the house. On of the agent I talk to and explain him/her that there is no wire coming to the house from the pole, but insist on doing the connection test, restart the modem, check the back of the modem for conection etc

Admin1

singhj -- Following up on your tech job. Was the tech able to get a new line run and restore service to your location?

Frequent Visitor

Yes, and the problem was connector were done right, still very frustrated that a simple job took more then 15 days and four tech. Looking to switch to fios which is cheaper and faster than comcast.

Official Employee

I'm truly sorry for the frustration, and am glad to hear our technician was able to get this taken care of. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.