Community Forum

CL-14 error code with a TIVO

Regular Visitor

CL-14 error code with a TIVO

On all 3 of my TiVo boxes I cannot access on demand. Have power cycled everything, checked all connections and have had an agent send a pairing signal to one of them: still no luck.

Nothing else has changed. It worked probably a week ago.

Not sure what else to try
Official Employee

Re: CL-14 error code with a TIVO

Hi Gatorgirl5, I can review the card pairing information I am showing on my side with you.  Please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account number).

Thank you

New Poster

I am having the exact same problem. It is driving me crazy and I cannot access HBO since Comcast doesn't support that directly, only through Xfinity. What was the solution?

Regular Visitor

They haven’t found it yet. And I’m sorry you have it too, but I’m actually glad someone else has it as well. Two xfinity techs were here last night for 3+ hours. It’s definitely NOT loose connections. They uninstalled and reinstalled cablecards, re-paired them, and still.no.success. I’m turning back to TiVo for assistance now.
New Poster

First, Xfinity is not helping much and is supporting TIVO less and less.  The issue is that TIVO will not work on new "upgraded" fiber networks.  When they placed fiber in my neighborhood, I got faster internet but TIVO on-demand wouldn't work.  So I researched.  A lot!  I almost went to a X1 box but thankfully I didn't have to because I think they stink.  The answer is Roku.  Get a Roku ($30-100 depending on model).  There's a Xfinity app you can download and once you sign in you get all your normal channels through the app including on demand.  Boom!  Perfect quality too.  So I addded the Roku for $40 and I didn't have to give Xfinity any more cash or go to another service like Directv or Uverse or whatever.  I now have Roku on 3 TVs and I get to watch on demand whenever I want. 

Expert

Thread is a year old, closing it. 

"The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can." - Neil Gaiman