Community Forum

CHEATED by Comcast, never received promised calls back.

New Poster

CHEATED by Comcast, never received promised calls back.

To keep it short - I had a cable tv/internet package with Comcast. On May 10, Comcast decided to remove Food Network from my package. Being a food blogger and chef, this upset me. I spoke with customer service, they offered no solution other than paying more money per month to include that channel. I asked to cancel service. Service cancellation was scheduled for today, May 16. I called in to see if I could retain my internet, but do away with the cable. The lady on the phone told me if I signed a 12 month contract I could have 60mbps speeds for $34.99 per month. i said that was fine. She then put me on hold for 30 minutes. Eventually, someone picked up - now suddenly in the technical department. They had no idea what I was talking about. They connected me back to customer experience. They too, had no idea what I was speaking of. Turns out, this lady canceled my cancellation, however never added on the internet package, and never got word from me that any of this was ok. Now, the representatives have told me that this $34.99 deal is not actually existent, and that I'll need to pay $69.99/mo. I've spoken with their supervisor, Marvin. Marvin was unable to help at all. I asked to speak with his supervisor - who was in a meeting. In total, I had been on the phone with Comcast now for 1 hour 25 minutes. No one answered. Marvin told me his supervisor would call me back. I have not yet had any call back and it has been 4 hours. I have called back in and no one has been able to locate this Marvin supervisor, or his supervisor. What has worked for others when trying to get ahold of Comcast? Who else has been cheated by them, and had their money essentially stolen from them?