Community Forum

CHARGING CUSTOMERS WHEN YOUR EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTIONS?!?

New Poster

CHARGING CUSTOMERS WHEN YOUR EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTIONS?!?

I have just one question, when did it become professional and ethical of a company to try to charge a $60 service fee when the problem is due to YOUR equipment and/or service?? I had Time Warner (now Spectrum) for almost 20 years they NEVER charged me for fixing THEIR PROBLEM I was shocked and outraged when they told me it would be $60 to fix THEIR box that has not had sound on several channels since the day I got it! Which may I add was over a year ago!! I went off until they magically did a ONE TIME waiver of the fee but trust me once this contract is done so am I with Comcast
Valued Contributor

Re: CHARGING CUSTOMERS WHEN YOUR EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTIONS?!?

It isn't their protocol to charge for this. The technician must have labeled that something else was done. Did the tech replace any wiring in your home?
Official Employee

Hello, I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

I had the same issue. Tech came out for no sound on a few channels on the non-X1 small box. Fee was credited right back to the account. Was not told there would be a charge.

They get alot of hate but I like Comcast. Good customer service here and on reddit, best/fastest interent in my city and very reliable. Streaming and the X1 platform are nice too.