Community Forum

Buyers remorse!

Contributor

Buyers remorse!

I have been having so many billing issues with Comcast that I'm pretty sick of it.  I called today to have the bill lowered a bit and they essentially acted like they were doing me a big favor by offering me a new "promotion" which essentially just amounts to lowering the bill to the amount it was a month ago.  I accepted it but upon further reflection I'm pretty unhappy in general and would like a better offer or just to have internet only at this point.  The value and service are just bad at the current rate and Comcast cleary hates its existing customers.  Is there anyone out there who can help me?

Expert

Re: Buyers remorse!

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hello @mwfrst8ed. I can assist with reviewing your latest promotion, and look to see if there is any better we can do. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Contributor

For the record folks, they offered a $10 a month decrease for 12 months and then baked in another increase of $25 a month for the second year, with a 2-year agreement and a ridiculous early termination fee.  Which works out to more money for me over two years than what they agreed to give me the other day. Gee, thanks for the help there Comcast.

I guess Comcast has customers who can't add out there. 

Expert

The end result was in the "fine print". However; it would be the same for any company you might choose for the different modes of watching television.

Best way is to make sure you know what the cost is after initial offer, and only sign up for service you really or need.

Contributor

It does not have to be this way.  Saying all the companies act the same does not excuse this kind of scam.  Let's not assume this way of doing business is okay.

Official Employee

We are sorry you feel this way, unfortunately this is the best promotion we can offer you for the same services you have.