Community Forum

Burned out main boards in my flatscreens

Regular Visitor

Burned out main boards in my flatscreens

We have had Comcast out here several times over the past 11 days and we have ben told by the senior techs that "....they are putting in a commercial request to replace the line from the tap".  I have replaced 7 main boards in my four flat screens over the past year and a half and was now told by the tech to "not replace any boards now since they will keep blowing out".  They left my house with 2 boxes disconencted and they issue "escalated" and told me they were coming back.  Haven't heard a peep from Comcast and in five days. Have spent $342 on used main boards from eBay.  In the absence of any response from Comcast (except customer satisfaction surveys about the service) I'm left with 2 dead TV's and will be getting a neew cable provider.

Official Employee

Re: Burned out main boards in my flatscreens

Hi @kenkinsey

Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forums to make us aware of your experience. I would like to investigate a few things to see how I can help make this right. Can you please verify your first and last name in a private message? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Burned out main boards in my flatscreens

Hi @kenkinsey

I hope all is well since the last time we chatted. I wasn't able to confirm whether or not your damage claim has been resolved by the Executive team. This thread will now be locked. If you need assistance in the future, please create a new public post and we'd be happy to help. Thank you for being a valued customer. We appreciate your service. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!