Community Forum

Buried line problem left half finished

Highlighted
New Poster

Buried line problem left half finished

So I talked to Xfinity and Comcast in September 2019 about burying my line from the service poll to my house. It took a ton of calls and I still don’t have it done months later. I asked that they bury my black cord that goes to the house underground because we were getting all the other power cords buried. I actually had the people digging up my yard for the power cord leave an empty tube for the Comcast/Xfinity cable to make it even easier. All that had to be done was thread the cord through the tube, hook it up to the house and poll, and then disconnected the overhead black wire. We waited the 14 days and a guy came out while we weren’t home and buried an orange cord. So I didn’t even get to talk to him. He didn’t hook it up to the house or to the poll. It’s just been sitting like that for months with the orange cord curled up on both ends not hooked to anything. I expected someone to come back and hook it up and disconnect the overhead cord. But no one came back to finish it. Also I don’t know why it’s orange when I thought it was supposed to be a black cord. I heard orange was only for temporary power but this is supposed to be a permanent underground cord. Can someone please come out and finish this properly? The cord has started blowing in the wind into the street. We can’t leave it like this.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Buried line problem left half finished

Hi there, 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!