Community Forum

Buried cable issue

New Poster

Buried cable issue

Yesterday Comcast employees buried my neighbor's cable--in my yard. My neighbors had their own yard clearly marked, and a plan had been drawn up and agreed to by previous Comcast employees, to run the cable down their property line and into their backyard. Instead, your employees veered a foot into my yard, around the corner and into my backyard, cut through my garden barrier (irreversably damaging it), went through my garden for 2 feet, then underneath the neighbor's backyard fence and into their backyard.

There is no Comcast right-of-way or easement through my side yard or into my backyard. No Comcast employee asked my permission to do this. Instead, I came out of my house shortly before dinner to cut some chives and found them finishing up and trying to cover the damage they'd done to my yard and back garden. They could've easily damaged sprinkler systems or other cables, as my yard hadn't been marked up for utilities at all.

I am not happy about this situation, especially after the Comcast employee who repaired my neighbor's cable assured them that the cable would be laid well within the bounds of their yard and never touch mine. What can be done about it?

Official Employee

Re: Buried cable issue

Hello DClose11, thank you for reaching out here on our community forums and I am sorry to hear about your experiences with your neighbors install.  I would like to help review this further for you, could you please send me a private message with your full name to begin?

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you for offering to help, but my problem was unexpectedly solved late last night. The original crew suddenly reappeared out of the blue, and dug up and reburied the cable properly. A brief discussion with them indicated that a supervisor had discovered their work quality was lacking for a number of properties, not just ours, and was making them fix their errors. I consider this issue solved and closed, and thanks again for the offer to help but it's no longer needed.

Official Employee

Hello DClose11, thank you for taking the time to post an update here and glad to hear your issue was resolved.  Please reach back out if you need any assistance in the future.

Thank you for your time!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!