Community Forum

Bulk account changeover in community governed by an association

Frequent Visitor

Bulk account changeover in community governed by an association

I live in a community governed by an association. For several years the community has had a contract with Comcast for basic services. As of January 1, 2019, the association voted to go with Century Link for basic services. We intend to stick with our Comcast services. I encourage you to send a note to your customers in my community reassuring them that if they want to stay with Comcast, they can. I've already received that reassurance in a previous chat. However, the impression association members have been given is that when the new contract takes effect, they cannot use Comcast. Period. That is, of course, false. For this reason, I encourage you to send a note to your customers in my community reassuring them that if they want to stay with Comcast, they can. Contact me privately for the specifics on where I live.

Valued Contributor

Re: Bulk account changeover in community governed by an association

That depends on what sort of agreement they come to I would imagine.
Frequent Visitor

I don't think so. As I mentioned, I was already reassured by Comcast that I could keep my service.

Official Employee

Hi @115834, thanks for letting us know. I will get this info to my leadership to see if this is something we can do, but cannot make any promises. 

Valued Contributor

I would like to know how this turned out. I am familiar with HoA and Bulk services. Usually, once an agreement is made with a certain provider, then that is all that would be available. It is the WHOLE reason why they offer discounted service like that, they agree that their tenants/people living in the compex/subdivision will use their service only, and it is included within their rent/bill to whatever level/deal is agreed upon. If you could just get any old provider, it would defeat this purpose of having an agreement with one certain company in the HoA itself. The forum asks us to post our info and answers so everyone can see, I ask to know the result here, since it is not pertaining to someone's account info, just general info.
Frequent Visitor

I won't know the outcome until 2019, when the contract takes effect. I haven't seen the contract, but I assume it's just a group rate on basic services that each homeowner pays as part of the community assessment. This community includes single-family homes. Homeowners here have, and always have had, a variety of service providers, so I don't think the contract includes the kind of exclusivity that you suggest. As I had mentioned, Xfinity reassured me that I could keep my service, and that if Century Link removes equiment, Xfinity would replace it.