Community Forum

Browser Notifcation From Comcast

Regular Visitor

Browser Notifcation From Comcast

Hey team!

A month ago, I received an email letting me know that my modem isn't fast enough for my new upgraded Xfinity speed.

I received your message. I intend on buying a new modem soon. However, I have not yet had the chance.

Lastnight, I started to receive internet browser prompts (only when I am not using HTTPS in the browser) that says the following:

"There is an issue with your connection

We had an issue while attempting to notify you about your Xfinity Internet service.

Please refresh your web browser and try again. If you are still experiencing issues, please call Comcast’s Customer Security Assurance team at 1-844-963-0033 and reference this message.

A copy of the notification was sent to the email address associated with your Xfinity account."

I assume this message is in relation to my inadequate modem. Can you confirm?

Also - Is there a way you can kindly turn these "browser notifications" off? Or is it now mandatory that I upgrade a modem?

Please advise...

Thank you!!

Regular Visitor

Re: Browser Notifcation From Comcast

Hello again! Smiley Happy Just wanted to let you know that the issue seems to have resolved itself. I am no longer seeing the Xfinity screen in my browser. I am thankful! I can also confirm that I saw a popup message in the browser saying that I should upgrade my modem. I will do so at my earliest convenience. I just recently purchased a new wireless router, and I have been meaning to purchase a new modem soon enough. Other than this slight blip, my Xfinity connection is running fine and I don't have issues. Thank you to anyone who may have helped resolve this issue. Please have a good day!