Community Forum

Broadcast tv fee

Highlighted
New Poster

Broadcast tv fee

Feel the broadcast tv fee and sports fee are over the top. Just came back for xfinity cable they are trying to charge me $30 broadcast tv fee and $17 sports fee and an $11 franchise fee. Is this really the cost of hidden xfinity fees? I’m gonna get with customer service in a bit, but I need to get my mind right and find an hour I can waste!
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Broadcast tv fee

@Bentoveragain wrote:
Feel the broadcast tv fee and sports fee are over the top. Just came back for xfinity cable they are trying to charge me $30 broadcast tv fee and $17 sports fee and an $11 franchise fee. Is this really the cost of hidden xfinity fees? I’m gonna get with customer service in a bit, but I need to get my mind right and find an hour I can waste!

Hi . . $30 for broadcast tv fee, for any of Xfinity market areas, sounds Excessive.

BUT, don't blame Xfinity for broadcast tv fees. . . .  imo: It's the broadcast networks & stations that are fleecing  the American people.

i found the following while surfing Google for other unrelated info.

I expect the article is accurate, & remember it only represents the 2016 amount for ONE broadcast network,  with a projected more than doubling of the amount CBS will collect by 2020,  . . ouch!!

https://www.fiercevideo.com/broadcasting/cbs-earned-1b-broadcast-retransmission-fees-2016