Community Forum

Broadcast TV Fee and Regional Sports Fee

New Poster

Broadcast TV Fee and Regional Sports Fee

What do I need to cancel to get rid of the Broadcast TV Fee and Regional Sports Fee?

What is the impact of cancellation?

Thanks

Expert

Re: Broadcast TV Fee and Regional Sports Fee

@xena1 wrote:

What do I need to cancel to get rid of the Broadcast TV Fee and Regional Sports Fee?

What is the impact of cancellation?

Thanks

If you have a tv tier you would need to cancel cable all together and turn in your equipment.  If you have a cable and internet bundle, your internet would return to every day pricing.  There is no ETF for downgrading or upgrading as long as you keep one service.  If you don't have internet and you cancel cable, and you are in a contract, an ETF would apply.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

I have a Bundle which includes Digital Starter, Streampix, TV Box, Blast! Internet and XFINITY Home Secure

So, if I understand you correctly, I can cancel Broadcast TV Fee and Regional Sports Fee without financial penalty.

I can cancel Broadcast TV Fee and Regional Sports Fee without losing any existing services and features.

To cancel Broadcast TV Fee and Regional Sports Fee would be financial beneficial for me as I would save $14.75 per month

Admin1

Hi xena -- The Broadcast TV Fee and Regional Sports Fees aren't individual items you can cancel from your service. As Community Expert Again said, you would have to cancel your entire TV service in order to have those fees removed. Regional Sports Fee is added to packages with Starter TV or above. Broadcast TV Fee appears when you're signed up for any level of TV service. The only way to have both fees removed is to unsubscribe from TV altogether.