Community Forum

Boxes don’t work so annoying

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Boxes don’t work so annoying

I had xfinity set up recently.
The installer left me a big box, wifi gateway, and 2 small boxes for bedrooms with cables and a splitter.

The installation went fine in the living room with the big x1 box and gateway connected together on the splitter. The internet gateway however will NOT work setting up in any of the other rooms, just if connected via the splitter with the x 1 box. Not ideal since in the future I will be wall mounting my tv and would like the gateway in another room for atheistic reasons.

The other bedrooms, the smaller boxes will not work. Keep getting error messages. All connections are tight and even tired multiple wires.

Xfinity says it’s something related to the big main box not connecting to the other boxes after many resets

What’s annoying is they won’t send me new boxes or even interested in helping.

To top it all off, the cable line they did outside my house for installation was done poor and dangling off my roof and house. Do they care? No.

Wondering if I Should just cancel since I’m in my first 30 days
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Boxes don’t work so annoying

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Techs were only installing the main line, because of the pandemic it’s up to you to do the rest or wait until techs are cleared to do more

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

It’s up to me to install what lines??
The installer said “all set” when leaving ne equipment. Nothing about only installing main lines and rest won’t until later. Xfinity also hasn’t said anything like that so I don’t think so
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

That’s been their policy during the pandemic, one outlet installed, both for your safety and the safety of the techs

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

If this is true, I just find it odd that in the 3 phone calls to xfinity or my install tech or my mother in laws 2 install tech (she has the same problem) has anyone mentioned this. In fact any talk with Xfinity that act like they don’t know why I have a problem not that there is a protocol right now. I would understand a protocol now but you can see why I’m frustrated since I have to go on a forum to find out a policy that nearly 10 ppl have not mentioned.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi there, Aflynn2587. We completely understand your frustrations. I'd like to help you out and see what we can do to get your equipment working. Please send me a private message with your first and last name.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I did that with no response
Highlighted
Official Employee

Aflynn2587, a PM from me awaits in your inbox!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.