Community Forum

Bounce TV Channel 262 NJ Pulled

New Poster

Bounce TV Channel 262 NJ Pulled

So, today we received a message on channel 262 for Bounce TV that WXTV no longer supports Bounce TV and to contact WXTV with any questions??? Naturally I Called XFINITY to troubleshoot as we received ZERO notifications this channel was being cut...yet we are paying for it. Big shock... XFINITY wants no responsibility for it. They told me to contact WXTV Univision... but my contract is not with them! It is with XFINITY! We should have been notified and given a replacement station. I am so tired of getting less service but higher prices. We already pay too much for what we have! Last year they pulled POP and previous years TBS, TNT, and so on. Meanwhile Xfinity passes the blame in others and does nothing to compensate. As soon as I do more research 2018 will be my last year with Xfinity.
Tags (1)
image.jpg
Expert

Re: Bounce TV Channel 262 NJ Pulled

Comcast has no control on what WXTV offers.  If you want to complain the correct place to complain IS WXTV Univision.  They are the ones that decided to drop Bounce TV, not Comcast.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

I understand what you are saying, but WXTV has not idea of what I am talking about! So, someone here is clearly out of the loop! Furthermore, my contract is NOT with WXTV it is with Xfinity. Xfinity CLEARLY pretends they had no knowledge of this when they MUST have. Who does not know what is going on with their multibillion dollar business? If Xfinity claims to have excellent customer service, then knowing this channel was to be cut, they should have had a replacement. Xfinity is not an innocent party here.

Expert

GriffinFamily8 wrote:

I understand what you are saying, but WXTV has not idea of what I am talking about! So, someone here is clearly out of the loop! Furthermore, my contract is NOT with WXTV it is with Xfinity. Xfinity CLEARLY pretends they had no knowledge of this when they MUST have. Who does not know what is going on with their multibillion dollar business? If Xfinity claims to have excellent customer service, then knowing this channel was to be cut, they should have had a replacement. Xfinity is not an innocent party here.

You seem to think that Comcast has an influence over what programming WXTV contracts for, which isn't true.  Comcast is only the conduit by which that programming is shown.  WXTV doesn't need the permission of Comcast to add or subtract programming.  If their director of programming decides to drop a program or station or digital channel, that is their decision and not Comcast's.  Since Bounce TV was a digital channel the correct place to complain is WXTV whether they want to acknowledge it or not.

Try sending an email to this contact:

Mercedes Diez
mdiez@univision.net

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Well, as it turns out it was actually Xfinity’s error. They had a bad signal. But this is what I am talking about... they had me go to Univision for a problem that was theirs! I understand Xfinity has to play by rules, but they pass the buck in responsibility placing all the work in the hand of the consumer. Again, a multi billion dollar company has to be accountable for something.
Regular Visitor

Hi  I was looking for Bounce tv last night  2-11-2018 to watch the Trumpet awards and guess what?? No Bounce tv so i ask about it and was told that they are trying to get the channel back...we will see!!