Community Forum

Both internet and cable is out and tech will not come out until monday

Frequent Visitor

Both internet and cable is out and tech will not come out until monday

I came back home from an 18 day vacation and realized both my internet and TV are not working. The TV DVR shows an error "CASE" on the display and error code rdk-03003 on the TV. The modem uplink light keeps slow blinking and others off. I called and I am told I have to wait until Monday for the tech to come out and see what is wrong. Clearly there is no signal and I have tried everything in the book, reboot, hard reset, cable loosen/tighten, disconnect/reconnect nothing is working. Is this normal for comcast to treat their customers like this? I am a software engineer and my work depend on internet which ofcourse is causing my huge headache right now but comcast support does not care. 

Official Employee

Re: Both internet and cable is out and tech will not come out until monday

Hello angrysamurai, error code rdk-03003 means that there is an issue with the downstream signal going to your equipment and the cable box cannot register with the network. Since you have already been sent signal to your box to correct the problem with no luck clearing the error code a technician is required. I show that the appointment that you have scheduled is the soonest time that we can get someone out to you. I apologize for the issues you're having, I will follow up with you once the work order has been completed to ensure this is taken care of. 

Official Employee

Re: Both internet and cable is out and tech will not come out until monday

Hello angrysamurai, I wanted to touch base with you to see how everything went with our technician. Did we get your issue taken care of?