Community Forum

Bogus install charge

New Poster

Bogus install charge

I have been a comcast customer for most of my adult life. I am 50 this year. I changed my plan this week. I attempted to do so online and order a self install kit . I was unable to because the website said i required a professional install. Mind you i already have triple play and do not use the voice service. My abilities to install the new equipment are above average . I called customer service to ask why i need to have an install. The rep told me they needed to install a fiber connection to my new modem due to the higher speed plan. I asked him how that is possible since cable is not a fiber connection and running a fiber connection from the cable to modem is pointless and makes no sense . I agreed to the install after much protest because it seemed there was no other way to upgrade.
Install day came and while i have no complaint with the technician the install fee is a ripoff. Frankly as a longtime customer of top tier plans i feel i should not have to pay for any installation in the first place . The very first thing i asked the tech was will he be running a new line to my modem because thats why i needed a" professional installation". His words were and i quote. " i have no idea what they are talking about ". His installation consisted of unplugging my old modem and plugging in the new modem and setting up my account info. With help from me i might add While i know some may not have the ability to do this difficult task as i was told it would be , i do, and that is why i wanted a self install . He didnt even have to setup the voice portion as i do not have a house phone but since you are pushed into getting the triple play it goes unused.
I take no issue with the service or the technician . Today i called customer service to reiterate my concern and disagreement with having to pay for an install that was not needed. I was told that there was nothing that could be done it was necessary . I dont mind paying for service or something i cant do myself but it just seems to me that fee is a bit over the top.
Official Employee

Re: Bogus install charge

Hello, Installfraud. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear of the experience you had involving the installation charged. I would like to look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

How do i pm you.
Thanl you for replying
Expert

@Installfraud wrote:
How do i pm you.
Thanl you for replying

Click on his username. Then on the right hit the "send message" button.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I would like to Thank Micheal for his help in this matter. Although my issue was resolved i am not sure why it took a post on this forum to do so. I called customer service twice in regards to it and recieved no resolution. I am very happy with my service even though it is costly i feel like i get what i pay for.
Thank You again for your help and timely response.
Official Employee

I'm glad I was able to assist you, Installfraud. If you ever need further assistance don't hesitate to reach out to us.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.