Community Forum

Blocked Address

Regular Visitor

Blocked Address

I opened an Xfinity account under my name, it was open for 2 days Xfinity decided to block my address. I was told because my husband has a bill in collection. But I am opening the account in my name which I will be responsible for paying. Is there any way around this?

Expert

Re: Blocked Address

@Tittan99 wrote:

I opened an Xfinity account under my name, it was open for 2 days Xfinity decided to block my address. I was told because my husband has a bill in collection. But I am opening the account in my name which I will be responsible for paying. Is there any way around this?

The account is tied to the address, not just to your husband.  This is a case where you can't take a bill showing you live there.  Until the outstanding debt is paid the block will most likely remain.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Thanks "Again" as your information sounds pretty accurate. 

Hello Tittan99. We appreciate you visiting and posting on the Xfinity Forums. I can assist with reviewing the account notations, and our records from collections, to provide you with clarification / more information. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your account. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello Tittan99. Thank you for private messaging me and allowing us to discuss your options. This thread has been locked. If you still need assistance with the matter, feel free to respond via private message or create a new post and our team would be more than happy to help you again. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.