Community Forum

Blast Pro Speed Increase? Where is mine?

New Poster

Blast Pro Speed Increase? Where is mine?

I received an email about a month ago stating that my Blast Pro internet speed has automatically been increased to 150mps.  I have rebooted my modem and router and still the maximum I receive is about 55mps.  I called once and was told that there were probably a lot of people using the internet at that time that was why my speed was reduced.  I have checked several times and still no difference than it gradually decreases until I reboot the modem again to get back to at least 50mps.

What am I doing wrong?

Official Employee

Re: Blast Pro Speed Increase? Where is mine?

Hi Trooper85713, I went ahead and re provisioned your modem, can you please retest and let me know if you see a difference?  Also, when testing your speeds are you connected with an Ethernet cord directly to your modem? Lastly, am showing some upstream issues that can affect speeds and might need a technician out to investigate. Please let me know.

Thank you

New Poster

Retested results:  DOWN 57.98Mbps; UP 12.09Mbps, so bascially no change.

This is via wireless router, but only 20 feet from router and using latest high tech router and current DOCSIS 3.0 modem.  Would just expect more if it is rated at 150 Mbps.

Problem Solver

Connect thru and ethernet cable and you will be amazed.  I was.

Official Employee

Hi Trooper85713, we advise to test connecting to straight to the modem so we make sure you are getting the right speed ruling out all variables in this case the router.

Thank you

New Poster

ComcastPhill, I have a question for you.  I am checking my speeds using the speedtest.net by by Ookla to test my previous 75 mbs Blast but now recently upgraded to 100 mbs.  On the 5 ghz wireless network my speed is 110 mbs, on my laptop and desktop both hard wired my speed is 74 mbs or less.  I called Comcast support, an employee told me the cable from the box to my home is defective and will need to be replaced.  I explained it was replaced last year, why would my wifi speeds be greateer than the hardwired and he had no answer. I dont believe the cable is bad, I think the gateway router is bad. I have unplugged it and disconnected the coaxial cable, Comcast has reset it numerous times but nothing changes.  Any advice?