Community Forum

Blast! Internet Promo shows online... not on my account

New Poster

Blast! Internet Promo shows online... not on my account

Yesterday, I went in in store to change my service to internet only. The individual who assisted me, was not particularly helpful (every other time I've visited stores, the people I've worked with have bent over backwards to be helpful). 

Basically, I went to Internet only service. We don't watch much TV anymore and we were spending about $160/month with 2 boxes/HD service/DVR service.

I saw an offer for Blast! Internet service for $49.99 with a 12 month contract. I wanted to move forward with this offer. However, the person I worked with said the offer wasn't showing on my account (though I showed her the offer online). She said she couldn't help since it didn't show on my account. She then told me that if I canceled my account and opened a new account to take advantage of the better offer than the $80/month internet only, I would have to wait 24 hours between closure and re-opening the account. I was really hoping there was a work around or something that could be done to avoid waiting the 24 hours between closure and re-opening to still take advantage of the $49.99/month offer. 

Just trying to figure out if there are any workarounds anyone has done to avoid this lag time, or if you all have had better luck with on-site customer service handling things properly. 

Thank you!
Expert

Re: Blast! Internet Promo shows online... not on my account

@jeffbro86 wrote:
Yesterday, I went in in store to change my service to internet only. The individual who assisted me, was not particularly helpful (every other time I've visited stores, the people I've worked with have bent over backwards to be helpful). 

Basically, I went to Internet only service. We don't watch much TV anymore and we were spending about $160/month with 2 boxes/HD service/DVR service.

I saw an offer for Blast! Internet service for $49.99 with a 12 month contract. I wanted to move forward with this offer. However, the person I worked with said the offer wasn't showing on my account (though I showed her the offer online). She said she couldn't help since it didn't show on my account. She then told me that if I canceled my account and opened a new account to take advantage of the better offer than the $80/month internet only, I would have to wait 24 hours between closure and re-opening the account. I was really hoping there was a work around or something that could be done to avoid waiting the 24 hours between closure and re-opening to still take advantage of the $49.99/month offer. 

Just trying to figure out if there are any workarounds anyone has done to avoid this lag time, or if you all have had better luck with on-site customer service handling things properly. 

Thank you!

Was this an offer for new customers only?  Were you logged in to your account when you saw this offer?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!