Community Forum

Billing

Niblue121
Regular Visitor

Billing

It seems as if Comcast adds new little fees every month or so. First a $16.95 monthly fee for sports. I don't watch sports and I don't want to pay for sports. I'm requesting a full refund.

This month, there is a charge for 911. I haven't called 911 nor used 911 and pay for this already in my Real Estate taxes. I'd like a refund for that too. 

I'd also like Comcast to STOP trying to make customers pay for COVID. Take your lossses like the rest of us. 

Again
Expert

Re: Billing

@Niblue121 wrote:

It seems as if Comcast adds new little fees every month or so. First a $16.95 monthly fee for sports. I don't watch sports and I don't want to pay for sports. I'm requesting a full refund.

As long as you have a plan that has sports networks, including the broadcast networks that show sports, you'll be paying for the Regional Sports Fee, whether or not you watch sports.

This month, there is a charge for 911. I haven't called 911 nor used 911 and pay for this already in my Real Estate taxes. I'd like a refund for that too. 

Mobile and property 911 are two different things.  The FCC requires a fee for mobile 911.

I'd also like Comcast to STOP trying to make customers pay for COVID. Take your lossses like the rest of us. 

If a customer can't afford their customary services during this time it's the responsibility of the customer to downgrade [without penalty as long as they keep one service] until a time where they can upgrad back to the service level they can afford.

If Comcast does as you suggest, your choices and services will decline precipitously, and costs may not decline in proportion to such.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!