Community Forum

Billing headaches

New Poster

Billing headaches

Back early December, I switched from using Comcast Cable TV to using 100 Mbps internet service.  But my Jan 3 bill charged an extra month of Basic Cable TV and a ten dollar broadcast fee on my internet bill.  When I contacted customer service, they said that since I was already in the system, thoses charges would be made and I'd see a refund on my next bill. 

But today I pull up my next bill and it's 74.95?  I thought it would be more like 64.95 minus the 42.95 cable TV bill minus the 10 dollar broadcast fee.  Just going by what you people are telling me.  I've been down to the customer service center in Alpharetta twice and did an online chat thinking this would be taken care of - please help me in this as I'm not understanding why customer service reps will tell me one thing and my bills reflect something else.

Thanks,

Valued Contributor

Re: Billing headaches

@jbudkoski wrote:

Back early December, I switched from using Comcast Cable TV to using 100 Mbps internet service.  But my Jan 3 bill charged an extra month of Basic Cable TV and a ten dollar broadcast fee on my internet bill.  When I contacted customer service, they said that since I was already in the system, thoses charges would be made and I'd see a refund on my next bill. 

But today I pull up my next bill and it's 74.95?  I thought it would be more like 64.95 minus the 42.95 cable TV bill minus the 10 dollar broadcast fee.  Just going by what you people are telling me.  I've been down to the customer service center in Alpharetta twice and did an online chat thinking this would be taken care of - please help me in this as I'm not understanding why customer service reps will tell me one thing and my bills reflect something else.

Thanks,

@jbudkoski 

Did you check the billing dates on your bills and ensure you are only seeing TV charges for dates that you were actually receiving services. For instance, what date did you cancel your TV service? What are the billing dates on your previous bill where you were seeing charges? Do the dates align? On your new bill does it show the service being removed and any credits for those removed services?

If you made the change after your most recent bill was generated you will not see any credits until the following bill.