Community Forum

Billing and customer service

New Poster

Billing and customer service

Hello,

I pay for my elderly mother's cable service and UNFORTUNATELY, Comcast is the only service available in her area that offers phone, internet, and television programs.  I pay an enormous amount of $188.00 a month for her service.  I have been with DISH for over nine years and I still pay less than $100!  Anyway, she had trouble with her cable box overheating and when she called for replacement, she was told to take it to a local Comcast center for replacement.  First of all, she is 78 years old, walks with a cane and cannot drive long distance.  The customer service representative said "not to worry, we will send someone out then without charge".  When the repairman came out, he commented that the box could have caused a fire because it was "so hot".  He kindly replaced and left.  I received her bill for the month of May and was charged $255..01.
I am very unhappy with COMCAST.
I should add that when my mother called COMCAST to question the bill, the Customer Rep hung the phone up.  Since Comcast has become a monopoly in some areas, they certainly take full advantage.
Tamara Venturella
Valued Contributor

Re: Billing and customer service

What is the question you are asking? It will help the corp rep identify your needs. Right now it just sounds like you want to make a complaint (no offense, really just helping here) Were you charged extra for the technician to swap out this bad box? If so, how much is the charge, and on what bill? Have that info ready for the rep that ends up helping you if so.
Official Employee

Re: Billing and customer service

Hi @tverrn1

This isn't the experience we want for you or your mom. I would like to see how I can help make this right.  Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number or phone number associated with your services.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!