Community Forum

Billing Non-sense

Frequent Visitor

Billing Non-sense

I am a service disabled veteran of the Army Infantry.  As such, I have accepted an internet only account for $9.99 per month. I payed my first bill online at the Xfinity website, no problems as I expected. I used the same process to pay my second bill. I recieved a email from the service saying that the second payment was received, so I moved on with my life. When the next bill came, it had about $50 in charges for Returned Echeck, Late fees, and Reconnection charges. I have made five phone calls to Customer Service for an explanation of what occured, and have had no satisfactory answer. Now, another $10 has been added for Late fees. This is a Black Hole issue, where even light can not escape, and intelligence is absent.

1) What in All Creation is a "Returned echeck"? I have never heard of such a thing. Would not this be an issue for the bank? The bank has no information to provide me

2) Why was I not informed of the problem immediately?

3) Why am I being treated like a fool by Customer Service?

4) Do anyone really expect me to agree with this Nonsense, ever?

An offer of $9.99 a month is irresistable. But now it seems that it was a con to defraud Veterans. I will be notifying the Veterans Administration, and  the American Legion about this issue, if I am not provided a satisfactory explanation, soon!

Expert

Re: Billing Non-sense

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against Forum Guidelines.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

pjsheldon611 - 

Thanks for reaching out in the forums. I'm sorry to hear about the experience you've had, and I would love the opportunity to review the bill with you. Let's see what we can do to turn this around. Please send me a PM with your first and last name to get started. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Edit: Removed private information.

Official Employee

Looks like you posted your information in the public thread, but I was able to edit that out. Please respond to me in a PM with your first and last name.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Okay,

I am 57 year on, and at one time I earned my living with a computer. That was in 1986.

I tried to figure out for myself exactly how to access your private email, but to no avail. With no other option, due to the value of my time, I posted the necessary information here.  Now, again, I am wondering why the burden of contact is on me? I will remind y'all here, that I have already wasted a significant amount of time on five (5) phone calls to, so called, Customer Service. Hence my inquires appear here. Now I have wasted even more time, for all to see.

I propose that someone contact me, on my private email, listed with y'all in my Account Information. Please, be prepared with the details of the situation prior to sending me an email. I am indescribably tired of the Message-go-round, Non-sense, Attitudenal, Bait and Switch tactics. I have already written letters to the Veterans Administration and the American Legion to follow up the phone calls, that I am prepared to make if y'all continue to jerk me off in this manner. I have no more time to waste, so perhaps the good folks with these Organizations can explain that which I have not yet been able to communicate.

Official Employee

My team is actually not a phone support team and I would love to assist you here in a Private Message! If you click on my name "ComcastAmira", does it give you the option to "send a message"? 

Frequent Visitor

Nothing to say in response to the PM you so adamantly requested?

Well...

Frequent Visitor

UPDATE:

My latest bill shows an aditional charge of $9.99 for services. How, You disconnected me in November? Also another $10.00 late fee. 

REALLY?

Official Employee

pjsheldon611, I truly apologize about the delay, I was out for the last few days. I have responded to your Private Message, at your convenience please get back to me. Thank you! 

Frequent Visitor

I cannot locate your latest "response" and I have very little constructive left to say.

I am still waiting on a detailed explanation for what is a "Returned E-check." I have never heard of such a thing, nor has anyone that I know.

I have been paid up for service received for some weeks. I was charged over $50 on a $9.99 per month bill due to this mystery issue. I am currently racking up an additional $10 late charges per month for this unproven claim (that is correct, I have spent MORE than a month on this problem).

My latest bill even shows an additional $9.99 for service. How is that, seeing that I have been disconnected previously??

By my calculations, I still owe the company exactly $0. I may have even overpaid...

I do not need your service! It was a luxury that I thought I could afford. But it has not been worth the hassle. Come get your box, it is just wasting floorspace with me.

Please send any future corrispondence to my Yahoo address. Your website is difficult for me.

Official Employee

Unfortunately, I would be unable to work with you via email. I did provide some answers to your questions (in our Private Message), as well as requested some other info we cannot discuss Publicly. In order to see my message, please click on the title of the message "Billing Non-sense". Once you click on the title, you should be able to see my (Private Message) response. Please let me know if you are still unable to view my message. Thank you! 

Expert

@pjsheldon611 wrote:

I cannot locate your latest "response" and I have very little constructive left to say.

I am still waiting on a detailed explanation for what is a "Returned E-check." I have never heard of such a thing, nor has anyone that I know.

If you paid your bill online using a checking account instead of a debit or credit card, Comcast converts that "check" into a "e-check" or electronic check.

I have been paid up for service received for some weeks. I was charged over $50 on a $9.99 per month bill due to this mystery issue. I am currently racking up an additional $10 late charges per month for this unproven claim (that is correct, I have spent MORE than a month on this problem).

My latest bill even shows an additional $9.99 for service. How is that, seeing that I have been disconnected previously??

A disconnection is not the same as an account cancellation.  It means that until you cancel your account you will still be billed for service, even though the service is disconnected.  You are still responsible for paying the bill.

By my calculations, I still owe the company exactly $0. I may have even overpaid...

I do not need your service! It was a luxury that I thought I could afford. But it has not been worth the hassle. Come get your box, it is just wasting floorspace with me.

This isn't something Comcast is going to do.  You will need to either return it to a Comcast store or take it to a UPS store and have them return it [free] for you.  Either way, you need to make sure you get a receipt for it.  However, failure to return the equipment will mean Comcast will bill you for the entire amount the equipment is worth.  Failure to pay also will mean that the bill will be turned over to a collections agency.

Please send any future corrispondence to my Yahoo address. Your website is difficult for me.

Even while disputing your bill you're still responsible for paying the monthly current charges.  If you haven't been doing that, then the late fees start to rack up.  Anything resolved in the way of erroneous charges will then be prorated on the next bill.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.