Community Forum

Billing Complaint

New Poster

Billing Complaint

I had a service call recently to replace a defective modem.  My service had been cutting out randomly for months.  I asked two customer service reps what the cost would be.  Both told me there would be no charge.  One said this was because I rent the box from comcast.  On my bill dated March 22, 2018, I got a charge of $70 for the service call.  I was offered a $34 credit, which I declined (but was posted anyway).  I am very dissatisfied with this service.  If customer service reps don't know the answer to a question, they should say so.  I was never offered the option of taking my box in to the local center for exchange.  Comcast states that they will make things right if they fall short.  I don't think that's a valid claim.

Admin1

Re: Billing Complaint

Hi Boulder5 -- I can help with that tech charge. You should not be charged for anything that is deemed to a Comcast related issue. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will review your account to see if this charge is valid or not.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.