Community Forum

Bill went up

Regular Visitor

Bill went up

I have internet only service, and my bill went up recently apparently due to the end of a promotion.  I'm paying more now, for the exact same service.  I also got a phone call a few weeks ago from Comcast telling me how they can give me a new deal, add services and lower my bill!   Initially I was quite pleased that a company would reach out to me to proactivly address the issue!  But after talking for several minutes, it turns out their deal would actually INCREASE my bill even more.  I know it is sales and a call center, but please don't offer someone a "Deal" when it turns out it is actually increasing the price.  It's insulting, and it wastes both of our time.

Can someone please contact me about reducing my bill back to what it was before the promotion ended?  Competitors offer similar service for less, and they also "lock in" their prices so customers don't have to beg for deals every year.  I'd appreciate similar "lock-in" for several years if it is available.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Bill went up

My experience is a ditto. I, however, was able to get the customer rep to offer me a deal that was $10 lower than what I was being billed. Yet, it was no victory for me either. After paying $82 a month for Internet service plus HBO, I received a bill due January 18, 2018 in the amount of $124. It seems that when the service tech came in to bring me a new modem and box, which was the only way to solve my buffering problem, the upgrade was not free. I not only told the service tech that I had basic service plus HBO and internet, but he said the upgrade was free. I have an email letter saying the upgrade would be free. I personally feel jerked around. Comcast puts little in writing before hand, but is quick to bill and difficult to make see the errors of their business practices. They are not all on the same page. And, the people over in South Asia that you talk to about your bill never know anything you're talking about. I have asked to speak to a supervisor to resolve these types of issues, and I get a ticket. A ticket is when the supervising/decision maker will give you a call back. Never happens. Don't know what good it will do, but I will complete a complaint with the State's Consumer Protection Division as soon as I sign off on this message. Comcast is number 4 on the State's list of most complained about businesses. But nothing will change if we don't complain.

tylerknut wrote:

I have internet only service, and my bill went up recently apparently due to the end of a promotion.  I'm paying more now, for the exact same service.  I also got a phone call a few weeks ago from Comcast telling me how they can give me a new deal, add services and lower my bill!   Initially I was quite pleased that a company would reach out to me to proactivly address the issue!  But after talking for several minutes, it turns out their deal would actually INCREASE my bill even more.  I know it is sales and a call center, but please don't offer someone a "Deal" when it turns out it is actually increasing the price.  It's insulting, and it wastes both of our time.

Can someone please contact me about reducing my bill back to what it was before the promotion ended?  Competitors offer similar service for less, and they also "lock in" their prices so customers don't have to beg for deals every year.  I'd appreciate similar "lock-in" for several years if it is available.

Official Employee

Hello @tylerknut. I can assist with a review of lower priced offers available to your account. I'll just need to access your account. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

New Poster

I have a similar request, can you please assist me with a review of lower priced offers available to my account? can you send me a private message?

Thanks,

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.