Community Forum

Bill increase after offer ends - customer service don't seem interested in keeping me as a customer

New Poster

Bill increase after offer ends - customer service don't seem interested in keeping me as a customer

My bill just jumped $50 at the end of my 12 month deal. Called customer service and the best they could do was reduce it by $30 so I end up paying $120/month for X1 saver double play.

New customers are being offered this at $69.99/month plus $10/month for HD and a free DVR. I have my own modem.

Why should I pay $40/month more than a new customer??

Customer service rep gave me some nonsense about them having to make it cheap for new customers because they'll be paying installation and deposits - self installation is $14.99 which is what I paid last year and I was never asked for a deposit so that reason is rubbish.

Has anyone managed to get a decent deal? I'm thinking of just switching to another provider or even getting rid of cable and just doing Hulu with HBO - works out much cheaper.

New Poster

Re: Bill increase after offer ends - customer service don't seem interested in keeping me as a custo

Update:

So on the phone customer service said the best they can do is $120/month.

If I just log into my account online I get it for $110!

Similar UVerse package is $105/month.

Free HBO for 3 months

$350 in gift cards for signing up online (equivalent to $30/month discount)

New Poster

Re: Bill increase after offer ends - customer service don't seem interested in keeping me as a custo

I just switched to a new provider b/c I was getting sick and tired of the BS that comes w/Xfinity and their prices. Ridiculous! I got cable, internet AND phone for $125/month now! Customer service is terrible and I refuse to keep giving them my money and now they want $130 for a termination fee for a contract that I didn't even agree to! SO OVER THIS! Best of luck to you.

Official Employee

Hi Lucy8984, 

New customers are offered lower-priced plans as an introductory rate. I can review your account to see if I'm able to find anything else for you. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!