Community Forum

Bill Increased 18%: Comcast playing Customer Avoidance games

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Bill Increased 18%: Comcast playing Customer Avoidance games

As  usual every year Comcast raises their rates.  After contacting in the past I'm told some promotion expired and the increase is the actual monthly rate.  I usually pay the current increase and renegotiate a new, lower price (new promo) for the next month and so on.  Sadly, this past year, after renegotiating down to monthly $131, the rate slowly increased a few bucks every couple of months then stabilized at $144.29.  This month it increased 18% to $170.09.   However, now I can't get in touch with Comcast.  Phone: 1-800-934-6489 even after the keypad runaround and speaking "Agent" repeatedly I get looped back to Main Menu and ultimately disconnected.  Same thing with "Chat Assistant."  It's easy to raise the rates, for whatever reason, and even easier to keep it that way when it's impossible to speak to Comcast for renegotiation, new plan or even cancelling the service.  I'm so fed up and frustrated I'm leaning toward cancelling.  So now I'm going to let Comcast decide.  I will not pay this bill until I either speak to Comcast for a lower bill or THEY can cancel my service and the revolution will begin.