Community Forum

Big install fee for faulty equpiment

New Poster

Big install fee for faulty equpiment

I had xfinity installed on Wednesday the Tech was here for several hours he finished around noon. Around 3 am all of my boxes went out showing message of welcome to x1 platform powering up. I spent over a hour on chat to fix problem to find out it something wrong with equipment or connections so now Tech has to come back but isn't available until tomorrow. So now after almost 2 days with xfinity I've had service for 12 hours. Their solution was a 10$ credit for trouble. That is insane i paid 60 to have install that apparently didn't work but I get 10 back? Definitely not good way to start with new customer. Really debating on returning to direct
Expert

Re: Big install fee for faulty equpiment

FYI: They owe you a $20 credit for every tech visit after the first for the same problem.You can also get a credit for your service from the time you first reported the issue until it is resolved.

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Big install fee for faulty equpiment

Hi Steven82, I will gladly review this further for you, but will first need to look up your account. Could you please send me a private message with your account information (Your name, address and account number).

Thank you