Community Forum

Beyond Disgusted!

New Poster

Beyond Disgusted!

I have been a xfinity customer for over 9 years and have had all four services for most of this time. I am beyond disgusted that my bill has shot up to almost 300 dollars when it was originally around 119. I have tried to call into customer retention and have been told that promotional deals are only for "new customers" how is that even fair. What about your existing customers!!!! I even tried to speak to representatives via chat with still no empathy or care. You're about to lose another loyal customer to fios. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Beyond Disgusted!

Turn in all your equipment to a local store and you'll be considered a new customer within a matter of days.

New Poster

It's crazy how existing customers are treated! loyalty should be rewarded. 

Official Employee

Hi nrivelli27, I can review  current promotions with you and see if there is anyway we can reduce your monthly bill.   Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you

Valued Contributor

The information mpali posted is NOT correct. Most areas require 90 days after cancelling service, before restarting and being eligible for new customer offers. (for the same customer at the same address) I see incorrect info here quite often in replies, and not much is done to correct/delete it.
New Poster

I really appreciate you reaching out to clarify.
Frequent Visitor

Perhaps it's because I live in a competitive area with a few providers but last 2 times I turned in equipement, I received calls within 2 days asking me to sign back up at the promotional rates that weren't availible to me when I was a customer.  The calls were weekly until I signed back up.

Valued Contributor

That would likely be a retention department, calling customers who disconnected or downgraded recently. They try to get you back by offering certain promotions. This is not the same as disconnecting and being eligible for new customer offers (although the few offers retention may offer could be similiar) I am just tring to help avoid confusion, and incorrect info given here.
Official Employee

Hi Mpali, I am showing you are currently working with Ella.  

Thank you