Community Forum

Beware of any Comcast representative that approaches you at Walmart! Fraudulent changes made!

Regular Visitor

Beware of any Comcast representative that approaches you at Walmart! Fraudulent changes made!

Beware of any comcast representative that approaches you at Walmart!

I was approached by a rep that said they could reduce my bill. We talked for a while about what I wanted and he said we could apply a discout to reduce my bill; I said great! little did I know!

I never agreed to change my package nor sign up for a new contract nor did I recieve any confirmation of the change! Moreover, I was never told my package was being changed, much less did I see the cost nor agree to changing the package or terms I had.

A week or so later I recived a package from comcast with my "new equipment" that I didn't order. Then I got a bill that was $70+ more that I was paying and included a $15 charge for new equipment! My package was also changed and had a 24 month agreement!

I spent an hour on the phone with customer service only to be transfer to an identity theft hotline which was suppose to be the "fraud" department with no resolution! I have no way to pick up wher I left off with anyone at comcast. Tomorrow instead of spending time with my family for Mother's day, I'll get to try to explain this all over again.

I will be cutting the cable cord very soon if I don't find a way to resolve this quickly. Has anyone had sucess fighting changes made to your account by a Walmart rep?

Tags (2)
Expert

Re: Beware of any Comcast representative that approaches you at Walmart! Fraudulent changes made!

I've asked a corporate Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Beware of any Comcast representative that approaches you at Walmart! Fraudulent changes made!

Hi suzy83. I can assist in reviewing your account, the offer applied, the equipment sent to you, and your billing rates. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.

Regular Visitor

I've sent you a PM.
Official Employee

Thank you suzy83, I received your private message and have responded. Let's continue our chat about the details of your account via private message. Thank you.