Community Forum

Being overcharged for internet when dropping tv service

Regular Visitor

Being overcharged for internet when dropping tv service

I was paying over $180 a month for tv and internet and was only offered a deal that was $10 cheaper but I also had to sign a 2 year agreement. So I set up to cancel service. When I called back to see how much it would be to keep the internet an extrememly polite customer service rep said it was $60 to keep the internet I already have, so I agreed to that. But then the system wouldn't allow her to put the order in and she had to transfer me. The rep she transfered me to said she would make the change, but it would be $93 a month. I didn't take the deal and left my cancellation set the way it was. My question is, does anyone know if this is normal or if I'm being ripped off?  I called AT&T and they said they can get me similar internet for $50 and it includes the modem.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Being overcharged for internet when dropping tv service

So I have the same problem I had the 250 kbps speeds and it's normal price is $96 a month plus equipment rental of $13 and taxes. But they are only ones with that speed in my area. Watch out for AT&T Time Warner they will be more expensive than what they offer up front as well. I've noticed that the price for xfinity services are all based on the most expensive places to live. And if you have home security with them you cannot get it and the net bundled and the home system takes a great deal of your net and device slots.
Regular Visitor

Yes, AT&T said it was their introductory price. 12 months I believe. Both companies know what a pain it is to switch and think they can continue gouging you. However, I would rather go through the hassle and keep playing the game than overpay $40-$50 every month. I just wish I could be given an average deal and stick with one company, but it doesn't pay to be a loyal customer.

Frequent Visitor

15 years never paid a bill late and cant get a decent discount after being disabled. Century link offers 140kbps for $49.99 or$59.99 somewhere in there and you hold that price as long as you're a customer. Other companies are catching up to comcast just taking a bit to get through the red tape
Official Employee

Hi jawagg and Mr-E. We appreciate you visiting and posting on the Xfinity Forums. We certainly value your business and don't want to see you go. Regarding promotional discounted offers, We offer an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. I can assist you both with an account review to see if there are any offers available to better suit your needs. Please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

That's a shame. To update you on my status... Comcast employee JoeTru was very polite and tried to find me a better deal but wasn't really able to come up with anything. He could knock 10 bucks off my bill if I signed a 2 year contract but that was it, with no other incentives. I know you said to be careful with AT&T, but I think I'm going to have to give them a shot.

Frequent Visitor

I been looking and if you're okay with 140kbps CenturyLink has it for $49.99usd and that's a lifetime price so as long as you are a customer the price won't go up and if the price drops you can then lower your bill and it wont go back up.
Official Employee

Hi jawagg. Thanks for posting the update. We truly appreciate your valued long term business. I can assure you I have quoted the best offer available for the services you want. If you want to go over the options to change your services to lower the price further, feel free to reach anytime. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Thanks for letter me know. Do you know anyone that uses Century Link? Is it reliable?

Frequent Visitor

It is as reliable as comcast but they have better customer relations acording to my friends that use it nothing is without its problems but a lifetime price where you dont call and haggle 2-4 times a year that's less headaches and less time on the phone w/customer service
Frequent Visitor

Joe hasnt sent me a reply to the PM I sent him seems like I'm not important enough to be replied to in a timely manner
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi Mr-E. Please know that sending unsolicited private messages to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Help & Support Forums, is a violation of Forum Guidelines. Our team is dedicated to providing support here in the Forums, in as timely manner as possible. We try to get to everyone who creates a post and requests support, as quickly as possible. My apologies if you sent me a PM, and I have not responded to you just yet. I see my colleague ComcastMartin replied to you via private message last night. Please respond, and we would be happy to assist. You are indeed a valued customer, that we look forward to serving.