Community Forum

Before canceling Comcast, moving to CenturyLink, <Edited>

Highlighted
New Poster

Before canceling Comcast, moving to CenturyLink, <Edited>

Earlier this month we initiated a damage claim, secondary to a power surge that entered our home via an UNGROUNDED coax cable installed by Comcast.  The tech replaced the DVR/cable box which was fried and diagnosed our TV to have burned out all HDMI ports.  Inital ticket was generated 7/4, number 049434832.   Comcast folk have made multiple promises that this is getting attention; Amber <Edited> on the 18th, and "supervisor" Chris on 7/23 around 1845 MST.  NO ONE has called back or contacted us within the time period they said they would.   We were told that "an investigator" would be contacting us and come to the house and look at damaged TV and discuss a claim.  Also ignored were a request to see the tech report from the visit to our home on 7/3 to diagnose the problem, when the tech saw the ungrounded coax cable and connected the ground.   We have an unuseable TV, and a provider that seems like they are doing their best to ignore all communications (possibly hoping we will somehow forget about this?).  And by the way we are 15-plus year customers.  Would really like to not switch providers, a<Edited>- but this looks like the future for us if we do not get substantive action soon.  Note green wire not attachedNote green wire not attached

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Before canceling Comcast, moving to CenturyLink, and taking Comcast to small claims court for da

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Before canceling Comcast, moving to CenturyLink, and taking Comcast to small claims court for...

Hi Frustrated6235. Thanks for taking the time out of your schedule to discuss your experience on the forums. Apologies for the experience so far. I would like the opportunity to change this around and get our claims team on this so we can survey the damage and go from there. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Before canceling Comcast, moving to CenturyLink, and taking Comcast to small claims court for...

@CCKenF  It has been ONE MONTH since ticket was generated.  We have been promised phone calls,  investigation, home visit...WE HAVE HEARD NOTHING.  We have requested a copy of the technician’s report...STILL NOTHING.  See original post for ticket number and related issues.  We very much look forward to hearing from you...or anyone.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi there, . Frustrated6235

Ken and my team never received a private message from you. 

We would love to help and get this done for you. We work for the corporate office. 

Please send me a private message with your first and last name! Thanks.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.