Community Forum

Been waiting for 12 months for new service to be installed-residential.

Regular Visitor

Been waiting for 12 months for new service to be installed-residential.

I ordered residential service to be installed in Feb. 2017 and made a $100 deposit for the service.  Install tech came to my home, was polite and on time.  Surveyed the job and stated that the run was too far from the tap and a construction coordinator would have to review the request to determine if service was available.  Nearest neighbor has service but they are over 1000 feet away.  In March 2017, the Construction Coordinator followed up with me and stated that Comcast would extend service to my property and install a tap and there would be no fee for the extension of the plant.  Coordinator said it would take 90 days for the plant extension to be completed.  I agreed and waited for the work to be completed.  In July 2017, I contacted the Coordinator again to inquire on the progress of the job.  She said it was still in the works and hoped to have it completed in 30 days.  In August 2017, I came home from work one evening and noticed the overhead cable had been installed half the distance up my driveway but stopped short of my property line by about 12 ft.  I assumed the work was still underway and the contractor would come back and finish the job of the rest of the way.  I waited until Sept. 2017 and the cable was still not installed to my property.  I called the Coordinator again for a progress update in late Sept.  Spoke to her and she stated the work had been completed.  All I would need to do is contact a sales rep and request service.  I scheduled installation in Oct. and another install tech arrived, on time, and was polite.  He said that the tap was installed in my neighbors driveway and was still too far to connect to, estimating the distance to the newly tap to be about 1200 feet.  He said he would contact the local construction coordinator to inform him that the tap was incorrectly installed to the wrong house.  By Thanksgiving, I still had not received a call from anyone with Comcast.  In Dec. I went to the local office and spoke with the assistant at the counter.  Provided her with my account info, work order number etc...  She said she would look into the install and someone would be contacting me within 7 days.  No call received for another 30 days.  On Jan. 13, I called to inquire about the install and was connected to a sales rep after the customer service rep said my install had been cancelled.  I discussed the history of this process and advised him that I had not cancelled my request and still wanted service....said he would check into the problem and call me back.  Again, No call received.  I called again in Jan. and was told I would need to order service again.  I did, and scheduled an install tech to come to my house.  I even put in the comments section of the order that a site survey would need to be conducted prior to install as the length was greater than 300 feet to the nearest tap.  Install tech arrived ahead of schedule on Jan. 18, looked at the request and even read the comments I had entered.  He told me I would need to cancel my request or I would be billed for the visit.  He promised me that he would follow up with the local construction manager and have him call me within 7 days to discuss my install.  I followed his advice and cancelled the install and waited 7 days.  Guess what, no call was received.  I called again today, 2/9/17 and spoke to a customer service rep.  Reviewed the entire history of this process.  She told me the order was cancelled on Jan.18th. and there were no pending installs and that I would need to order service again.  She connected me to a sales rep.  I again reviewed the install process history with them.  Sales rep told me they were going to "escalate" the work order and someone would call me back.  By 4pm today, the install tech was at my house and told my wife that we cannot get service to our property because we are too far from the tap.  He was the same tech that came to my home in Jan and told me to cancel the install request. 

Needless to say, my wife was furious and I'm more than disgusted with the entire process.  Please tell me how this process can devolve from "we can install service" to sorry but you're too far from the tap that we incorrectly located that is serving your neighbor.  I'm glad my neighbor got the benefit from my deposit because I certainly don't know where to go from here.  Any help in getting this resolved would be appreciated.  At this point I'm almost ready to walk away from the install but Comcast has the charter with our locality and there are no feasible alternatives available other than to keep my DSL through Centurylink.

Admin1

Re: Been waiting for 12 months for new service to be installed-residential.

Hi medic1657 -- I can help with this installation issue. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number. I'll work with local construction on how we can provide service to your address.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.