Community Forum

Because of my disability, I cannot get to a Xfinity Store. Now they want me to pay for this service.

New Poster

Because of my disability, I cannot get to a Xfinity Store. Now they want me to pay for this service.

My room has developed a mold problem. I need to relocate the modem. The provided coax cable is less than 3' long, The short cable requires that the modem be directly in front of the wall outlet. I could put the modem on the floor under the bed, but then it would be next to impossible to reach to reset it. I need a longer cable. Now Xfinity wants me to pay for a service call because I cannot due to a disability get to a Xfinity Store. Anyone else have this problem?

Valued Contributor

Re: Because of my disability, I cannot get to a Xfinity Store. Now they want me to pay for this serv

Well if you need someone to come out, they should be paid right? I understand your issue, but there may be other methods. I believe if you call in, they can send you a kit with a longer cable. They may charge for shipping, but it would be cheaper than a tech. EDIT: A coax cable can be purchased just about anywhere, even the dollar store. You don't have anyone who could pick one up for you? Also, do you not have any other outlets?
Expert

Re: Because of my disability, I cannot get to a Xfinity Store. Now they want me to pay for this serv

If they have to send a tech, they are going to charge you. Wouldn't really matter if you could get to an Xfinity Store, they don't typically stock different lengths of cable. Perhaps the best option for you is to just order a cable?

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Re: Because of my disability, I cannot get to a Xfinity Store. Now they want me to pay for this s...

Hi, Diaz_-Cameron - As @The_Janitor have mentioned, we don't stock different lengths of cable in stores. Please send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name and address as it's listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.  I will check what other options we can offer you in this particular situation. Thank you!