Community Forum

Battery back not receivedafter a 4 hour customer service telephone call nightmare

New Poster

Battery back not receivedafter a 4 hour customer service telephone call nightmare

After a 4 hour phone call to comcast on 5/20/18 still have not received battery backup for modem that I was told I had to replace. How do I get this issue resolved without another 4 hour call
Expert

Re: Battery back not receivedafter a 4 hour customer service telephone call nightmare

Comcast no longer supplies batteries. You can buy one by calling 1-888-972-1261.

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Valued Contributor

Re: Battery back not receivedafter a 4 hour customer service telephone call nightmare

Nerdburg, when did this happen? Because I am pretty sure they do still offer them at 35.00 for their rental equipment.
Expert

@JLDOOBLY wrote:
Nerdburg, when did this happen? Because I am pretty sure they do still offer them at 35.00 for their rental equipment.

@Nerdburg was saying that Comcast doesn't supply them free, that they have to be bought.  The number he supplied is where you call to order one.  Depending on the model of the voice modem batteries range from $35-$70 plus tax and shipping.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Valued Contributor

Oh okay, thank you. I was worried a little because I was about to get one.
Official Employee

Mabelsmom2001 -- Were you able to get this resolved? 

New Poster

No my question was not answered in this forum. I contacted Comcast again it was finally resolved. Battery was supplied at no charge.