Community Forum

Bait and switch tactics

Regular Visitor

Bait and switch tactics

I'm hoping someone can help me with this... When I signed up for internet/TV, I was promised a rate of around $59.95 after the promotional period ended (and that was the highest it would go barring any annual adjustments).  My bill is now ~$90 and seems to increase both in amount and in the number of "billing errors" each time I call about it.  Apparently it was escalated once before and a credit I received was removed after a few months (which I suddenly got hit with 2 months of charges at once without notification).  Frankly, this appears to be fraud and at the very least a very deceptive and unethical sales practice.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Bait and switch tactics

Sudden increases in fees are usually at the end of a promotional/ discount period. Discounted pricing only lasts for a limited period of time and does eventually shift to Everyday Price. We offer customers an introductory discounted rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. I can assist with a review of lower-priced offers that may be available to your account. Please send me a private message and include your full name exactly as it’s listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I understand that introductory periods end.  Where I have my issue is that I was quoted an "everyday price" in th $50's and it is now nearly double that.  

Official Employee

Hi pterotum, I would like to take a further look into this on my end for you! Can you please me a Private Message including the information ComcastShane requested? Thanks!

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastAmira" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!