Community Forum

Bad picture quality live TV ....DVR quality less that 480 and horrible

New Poster

Bad picture quality live TV ....DVR quality less that 480 and horrible

Came from DirecTV.......Soooo, Comcast TV is really bad live. DVR shows are unbearable to watch. Comcast Tech came to house and says he dosnt see the problem. It’s almost like you can’t see anyone’s faces, very blurry and almost like there is motion and waves in back ground.... behind images.

DVR is horrid for me. And this is my 2nd. DVR. Box.  Try watching anything and we get headaches. Just can’t watch.

nobody at Comcast to help I guess. Oh and I have the Top of the Line Panasonic 65in TV. Works awesome with DirecTV. Just can’t affords it anymore. 

Expert

Re: Bad picture quality live TV ....DVR quality less that 480 and horrible

@Sobeit69 wrote:

Came from DirecTV.......Soooo, Comcast TV is really bad live. DVR shows are unbearable to watch. Comcast Tech came to house and says he dosnt see the problem. It’s almost like you can’t see anyone’s faces, very blurry and almost like there is motion and waves in back ground.... behind images.

DVR is horrid for me. And this is my 2nd. DVR. Box.  Try watching anything and we get headaches. Just can’t watch.

nobody at Comcast to help I guess. Oh and I have the Top of the Line Panasonic 65in TV. Works awesome with DirecTV. Just can’t affords it anymore. 

since you just added the device via HDMI you will need to set up the HDMI connection using the TV remote control. do you have access to someone that can do the calibration? we can help here on the forum with 'basic' settings. also do you have the xg1v4 (small DVR wtihout a clock)?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

did all that. everything is set to 1080 on TV and Big DVR box

Expert

@Sobeit69 wrote:

did all that. everything is set to 1080 on TV and Big DVR box

the 1080 did you choose 1080P or 1080i for set top box output? the other settings are brightness, contrast, gamma, sharpness, and turn off any enhancements like motion smoothing.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!