Community Forum

Backordered again and customer service chat gets me no where

New Poster

Backordered again and customer service chat gets me no where

I placed my order on October 11.  At the time I placed my order my phone was expected to ship October 12.  In fact my order status still shows that it was expected to ship October 12.  I haven't received a shipping notification yet, so I started a customer service chat.  The only thing Nelson Gratela was able to tell me was that my order was in process and would ship as soon as it was ready.  I already knew that.  I wanted to know if Xfinity even had the phones to ship to fill the orders that were already placed (because they are now on backorder until December 31st and there is no way I'm waiting 2 1/2 months).  He just kept repeating that it would ship when the order was ready.

So right now I'm pretty irritated that my question wasn't answered.  All I want to know is if I'm supposed to wait a day, a week, a month or whatever before my phone ships...not an unreasonable request...if you don't have them and don't know when you'll be getting more it's only fair to tell your customers that instead of leaving them in limbo.

Official Employee

Re: Backordered again and customer service chat gets me no where

Smidge1979, let's check on the status of your order. Please private message me your account number, address and full name for help. 

New Poster

Unfortunately KenF couldn't resolve my issue.  Hopefully I'm not waiting a month for my card to get charged.  Looking at the forums it seems that this has been an issue since the Note 8 launched...waiting a month to get a phone that was advertised as available to ship in 2 days is a really poor practice on Xfinity's part.  Being told to call in after I've already tried the customer service chat as well as private messaging is frustrating...why are the phone reps going to have information that the online reps don't?  Hopefully this isn't a foreshadowing of what it's going to be like having Xfinity Mobile as a cellular provider, because I'm really regretting choosing them at this point. 

Official Employee

Smidge1979, if you decide to replace the order, let me know so I can see if I can see it on my end. 

KenF