Community Forum

Back Office Provision Error

Frequent Visitor

Back Office Provision Error

I joined comcast a month ago.  TV works in the rooms that I have set top box, Internet works.

I cannot get the streaming working from day one - on the iOS devices I get the error "Back Office Provision Error" on the windows PC with Chrome I get failure.  I also cannot get get to work on any of the Rokus.  Leaving me with TV in main rooms.

I called Comcast customer support and they despatched a tech to my house (I didnt understand the reason) the called customer support and they said I need to call Comcast customer service and add streaming services to my account.

I called Comcast customer support and the said that I do have streaming services as part of my account - the said there was an outage in the area for streaming services.  I talked with my neighbor who also has streaming services from comcast - he confirmed that streaming services was operational in the area.

Looking through the forums I see people with similar issues and Comcast support reps saying to DM them with their account details.   I also asked for help in those message chains but they are not being responded to.  I was looking to DM those customer service reps - but i see several messages from Comcast saying not to DM.

I do not know what to do - the phone support doesn't work and not I am not getting response to my forum posts - what should I be doing ?  I am at a complete loss.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Back Office Provision Error

Also to add that I cannot get to "my account" the error message from the iOS app is "you are logged in but we are unable to access your account details. would like to try again?"  I try again but same error message.

when I go in via the wbepage - i get the three dots and doesnt go beyond that.

Thanks 

Official Employee

Hello AndyPW, I am more than happy to assist you with logging into your apps and online services. To better assist you please send me a private message with your full name, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Hi,

I’m having the same back office error.  Did you ever get this issue resolved?  I’d love to know the solution to fix my problem.

Thanks!

Official Employee

Digirati wrote: Hi,

I’m having the same back office error.  Did you ever get this issue resolved?  I’d love to know the solution to fix my problem.

Thanks!

Hi, I can assist you with getting your provisioning error cleared up. Please send me a private message with your full name and account number. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Frequent Visitor

Nope - no resolution.

Official Employee

AndyPW wrote: Nope - no resolution.

Please follow up with me via PM and we can continue there. 

Regular Visitor

Just got Xfinity yesterday and I have the same error. Very frustrating. Can someone help?
Official Employee

cekelly205 wrote: Just got Xfinity yesterday and I have the same error. Very frustrating. Can someone help?

I can assist you with getting this error cleared up, please send me a private message with your full name and account number. 

Regular Visitor

PM sent. Thank you.
Official Employee

cekelly205 wrote: That worked! You the man! The people on the phone wanted to send a tech to my house. No idea how that would help! Huge help!!!

I am glad that we were able to get this resolved for you, have a good day. 

New Poster

I am getting the same error message. Any solutions. Please help. 

Official Employee

Afam wrote: I am getting the same error message. Any solutions. Please help.

I can assist you with getting this error cleared up, please send me a PM with your full name and account number to get started.  

New Poster

I am having the exact same error with my streaming service. I even tried to PM Amir but there wasn’t an option when I clicked their username.

Please help!
New Poster

I’m getting the same Back office provision error
Official Employee

Thedrydens wrote: I am having the exact same error with my streaming service. I even tried to PM Amir but there wasn’t an option when I clicked their username. 

I sent a private message to you, please provide your full name and account number there.

xman87 wrote: I’m getting the same Back office provision error

I can assist you as well, please send me a PM with your full name and account number.

Regular Visitor

I can not assess my account or use streaming!!!
Definitely need help.
Official Employee

elizab2 wrote: I can not assess my account or use streaming!!! Definitely need help.

Do you have any error message on your screen while trying to access the account? Are you using the primary username on the account to sign in? 

Regular Visitor

I have my account app working after 2 hrs on the phone.
However still have no streaming. I keep receiving the back office provision error!
I was told that there’s a large outage.
My security isn’t set up.
You have to wait 3 days to speak to a technician!
So far I’m so unhappy with Comcast/Xfinity.
I sure hope you can help me get my streaming app to work.
Thank you so much.
Liz
Regular Visitor

My acct app is working now. But still not able to stream. Get the back office provision error.
Regular Visitor

I’m so aggravated! No one knows how to fix this. The username they provided is what’s on the stream!
Please get this to work this is the MAIN REASON I chose Com/ Xfinity and believe me I’m so not happy or impressed!!
New Poster

I am getting the same error message and I just had my services installed in my home today. Anyone know how to fix this issue
Official Employee

elizab2 wrote: I can not assess my account or use streaming!!! 
Definitely need help.

I can assist you with your back office error, please send me a PM with your full name and account number. 

New Poster

You have to make up a secondary user name to your account. After you do that use that name to sign into your streaming app.
New Poster

Did you resolve your problem?
New Poster

I am also receiving the back office provision error message very frustrating. 

Regular Visitor

I am having the same error.  I have called into tech support and been on the phone with them for hours - no help.  Please help!

New Poster

Amir, how do I private message you? there is no button to click on your profile for that.

Official Employee

Hello everyone!

I can absolutely help you with this error as well. If you are new to the forums, WELCOME! You have to make at least one post before the option to send Private Messages will be available to you. Once you have done so, you can send me a private message by clicking my name "ComcastTambrey", then clicking "send a message".

Please be sure to include your full name and the username you are having problems with as well as mention your message is in regards to this thread so I know the situation.

New Poster

Just signed up yesterday and having same "Back office provision error" and unable to access my account online.  I've tried several devices and platforms.  Spent over two hours on phone with no help.

New Poster

I am receiving the same error from streaming. Also, I cannot log into my account. I just had my router installed today and am already ready to cancel it. I spent an hour and a half on the phone with the tech representstive only to be told I have to wake up at 8am on my birthday to have a tech here when the issue isn’t the router.
72413AC4-4B62-477B-8C25-E084B65B742B.png
4F908769-23BD-43BC-9113-67F75C704FE2.png
22A9703D-5A1B-4EFB-AFA9-026B4B448EFA.png
New Poster

I’m having this same issue. Recently moved, and for whatever reason Xfinity didn’t close my old account initially, so when I logged on to stream, it was pulling the closed account info and saying I only had access to already purchased programs. Now, that’s gone, and I get the back office provision error. Please help.
Official Employee

Hello, Srob2247! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums.

I can definitely help you with this username issue.

Please send me a Private message with your full name so I can assist.

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

New Poster

Hi, I am getting the same error.
Denise
Official Employee

Hello, Denise29. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums, I'm glad you could join us here with your concerns.

I can definitely help you with this issue. Can you please send me a Private message with your full name and the username in question?

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

New Poster

I just got the service and mines doing the same thing. Seems like i should have went with AT&T. I hate it. They having issues fixing mines. But other folks have it. I know for sure.
Official Employee

Hello, Jacqueline_lill. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums! Thanks for reaching out to us with your concerns. 

I can absolutely help you with this! Please send me a Private Message with your full name and the username you are having troubles with so I can help.

New Poster

I am having the same problem...Comcast Amir, can you help?
Official Employee

Kfgeisser, Welcome! Thanks for joining us here on the Xfinity Forums.

I would be more than happy to assist you with this issue as well. 

Please send me a Private Message with your full name and username in question so I can take a look.

New Poster

I sent you one already, did you receive it?
Official Employee

Kfgeisser, 

I have not received your message quite yet but I will keep an eye out for it.