Community Forum

BAD SERVICE - cable box shattered and Comcast ignores several complaints for 3+ months

Regular Visitor

BAD SERVICE - cable box shattered and Comcast ignores several complaints for 3+ months

I have tried unsuccessfully to get Comcast/Xfinity to repair/replace the cable box (ugly green pillar box) outside my home. The shell has been smashed several time and the dozens of pieces are now taped together. The cables are clearly visible and with all this rain there is water intrusion at base.

• I first informed the initial install technician in October. He said he would report it.
  • I showed the technician burying the temporary cable a couple weeks later. He said he would report it.
  • Talked with Devender 18NOV - ticket # ER050241355. "Technician will do it on priority basis"
  • Talked with Elaine 26NOV -  ticket # 50241355. "The scheduled date is today,  Nov 26th from 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM CST. Rest assured, that our technicians will work on the box by the street that needs to be replaced or repaired today and have this issue resolved."
  • Talked with Jovita 20DEC, "I am sorry for the trouble. I will get this escalated to my supervisor." Dilkesh - "Technician rescheduled for Friday, December 20, arriving 08:00 AM-08:00 PM CST"
  • James 16JAN - ticket # 050501765
  •  6FEB - Sony then Meena - promised it would be take care of and give them "one more shot"

PROBLEM HAS STILL NOT BEEN ADDRESSED!!!!! Just a bunch of front line customer service representatives saying things that never happen. 

At this point, I believe Comcast only cares about signing up new customers and not maintaining existing equipment/customers. I'll be talking with AT&T as they have fiber and it is neatly buried along the grade with a nice cover. I'll soon be echoing this post on my local Nextdoor social media site.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: BAD SERVICE - cable box shattered and Comcast ignores several complaints for 3+ months

But if you change providers, you’ll still have the broken pedestal in your front yard...it’s been escalated up to an Official Employee

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: BAD SERVICE - cable box shattered and Comcast ignores several complaints for 3+ months

Not ncessarily. I suspect someone would pull it off and throw it in the trash.

Official Employee

Greetings, @phillw! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear of the issues you have been having with trying to get this pedestal replaced. This is certainly not the experience we want for you. I would like to see what we can do to get this resolved for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!