Community Forum

Automobile damage claim

New Poster

Automobile damage claim

ComcastKenF - My car was sideswiped by a Comcast Comtractor van on June 13th. An offcier arrived on the scene while the two cars were still stuck together. The police report states taht he Comcast contract driver was at fault. Unfortunately there seems to be no insurance company identified for the van owner. I am a bit mor tenatious then the insurance agents so I found this way to contact you. I have photo of licence plate, drivers name, police report, etc. but the drivers insurance company says that the vans owner is primary insured for any claim and I dont have that. Can I get some help form comcast please? Thanks you for your time.

Valued Contributor

Re: Automobile damage claim

@Howes-Florence

I found This on the forums and thought it may be useful to you:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service-Archive/Legal/td-p/2967526

I would give them a call and try and sort this out. Best of luck. -TheMasterTech

Expert

Hi @Howes-Florence

Comcast isn't going to be financially responsible for a contractor's accident. You'll want to contact the actual contracting company. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you very much for your opinion. I can not contact the 'owner' of the vehicle since there is no phone number available. I want Comcast emplyee to answer me so that I can try to track down their contractor's insurance company. Thanks again

Regular Contributor

@Howes-Florence wrote:

Thank you very much for your opinion. I can not contact the 'owner' of the vehicle since there is no phone number available. I want Comcast emplyee to answer me so that I can try to track down their contractor's insurance company. Thanks again

Didn't you get a police report? This is your insurance company's responsibility. Comcast isn't going to give out anyone's private information, regardless of the situation, just like they wouldn't give out yours.

New Poster

FYI that is for Criminal only. Try corporate HQ front desk at 215-665-1700. Ask for 'legal' you will probably get send to 'executive customer relations department. The person there started as case number for me after taking some of the importnat information on the contractor and other driver and police report ID #.

New Poster

Yes of course we did but belive it our not no insurance of the contrcator and the driver's insurance company says they cant reach the owner which we cant either. Thanks for your suggestions but we want it done now so that a rental car is provided and the car fixed. Trust me this is not my first rodeo, I lived through my teen-boy's driving years. Ha...I use driving loosely in this case.

Official Employee

Howes-Florence, I got your private message so I'll follow up there with you regarding the accident. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!