Community Forum

Auto payment stopped without explanation?

Highlighted
New Poster

Auto payment stopped without explanation?

I would have loved to talked to a customer service representative directly, but your system completely prevents that now. I got an email today that said my balance was passed due. I have been a customer since 2006 and always done auto payments, so I was confused. When I logged into my account, it said my balance was $0. I then called customer service found that I had a balance. I paid over the phone and set up auto payments (again). I want to know why my auto payment was stopped in the first place. It was not ended by me or my credit card company.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Auto payment stopped without explanation?

@Munnelly wrote:
I would have loved to talked to a customer service representative directly, but your system completely prevents that now. I got an email today that said my balance was passed due. I have been a customer since 2006 and always done auto payments, so I was confused. When I logged into my account, it said my balance was $0. I then called customer service found that I had a balance. I paid over the phone and set up auto payments (again). I want to know why my auto payment was stopped in the first place. It was not ended by me or my credit card company.

Did you perhaps move and transfer your service?  If so, you have a new account number, and your autopay was still associated with your old account number.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!