Community Forum

Assistance Plan <Edited>

Highlighted
New Poster

Assistance Plan <Edited>

My tv service was disconnected without notice on the 25th. I call and am told a lie, that Comcast is trying to help it's customers by enrolling them in their Assistance Plan to prevebt disconnection. Yet, I am disconnected. She told me this plan was free. Today, 4 days after disconnection, I receive a notice about them "helping" me by reducing my internet speed from 300 to 25 mbps when I pay for 300. They "helped" by disconnecting my tv with no notice. They "help" me by no longer allowing a 10 day extension until my disability check arrives on the 3rd, and to top it off, they are charging each and everyone of us they enrolled in this useless plan $14.95 monthly to steal our internet speed and put more of our money in their pockets. Not all of us are collecting the extra $600 per week unemployed people are. Way to kick your custoners when they are down Comcast. I will pay Verizon twice just to get rid of you. This was the straw that broke my back. Try to reach a live person thru customer service and their autonated systems answer questions you don't even ask. So Comcast is charging all in their plan 15 a month. We are paying them for 275 mbps less every month. I don't think so Xfinity. Thanks for nothing.

Expert

Re: Assistance Plan <Edited>

@Gv1313 wrote:

My tv service was disconnected without notice on the 25th. I call and am told a lie, that Comcast is trying to help it's customers by enrolling them in their Assistance Plan to prevebt disconnection. Yet, I am disconnected. She told me this plan was free. Today, 4 days after disconnection, I receive a notice about them "helping" me by reducing my internet speed from 300 to 25 mbps when I pay for 300. They "helped" by disconnecting my tv with no notice. They "help" me by no longer allowing a 10 day extension until my disability check arrives on the 3rd, and to top it off, they are charging each and everyone of us they enrolled in this useless plan $14.95 monthly to steal our internet speed and put more of our money in their pockets. Not all of us are collecting the extra $600 per week unemployed people are. Way to kick your custoners when they are down Comcast. I will pay Verizon twice just to get rid of you. This was the straw that broke my back. Try to reach a live person thru customer service and their autonated systems answer questions you don't even ask. So Comcast is charging all in their plan 15 a month. We are paying them for 275 mbps less every month. I don't think so Xfinity. Thanks for nothing.

If you weren't already behind in your payments you wouldn't have been put on the Assistance Plan.  If you weren't able to afford what you had contracted for you could have easily changed your plan without penalty in order to be able to afford internet and tv.  The Assistance Plan is to help people stay connected [albeit without cable] so they would have internet for children to be able to do their schoolwork and so people could stay connected to email.  When you get caught up on your bill you will be removed from the Plan and your cable and internet speed would return.

Comcast is doing their best to help customers, but customers also need to take responsibility with their ability to pay during this time and take measures to control their finances, also.  It may mean some very hard decisions on your part, but it's not Comcast's fault you fell behind in your payments.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Assistance Plan <Edited>

Wow.  I thought the Assistance plan was a heck of a deal.  $14.95 for 25Mbps.  I know several people who are paying the phone company $29.95 for 1Mps DSL!  Yes, you don’t get TV included for $14.95 (or with the $29.95 DSL for that matter) but they are clear about that – they say they won’t disconnect your internet or phone – even if you don’t pay the $14.95 on-time.  (The $29.95 DSL doesn't even include phone service.)

By the way 25Mbps is fine for streaming TV.  Also, in tight money days it might be worth trying an antenna again.  I think one lower priced streaming service plus an antenna would make a very cost-effective TV solution.