Community Forum

Area serviceability?

Frequent Visitor

Area serviceability?

Hello.

Just moved into a new rental. Totally new construction hasn't been lived in yet, so of course my service transfer wasn't as easy as I'd hoped.

Turns out, after a huge ordeal, the new address is 476 feet away from the nearest serviceable address, and at most all they can do is extend 200 feet apparently.

Now, some background. We are a household of younger adults who's primary source of income is streaming from our home. We are absolutely 100% dependant on a reliable fast internet connection.

Shame on me, I should have done some homework and made sure of the availability of internet at this house, but due to circumstances we didn't have the luxury of picking and choosing where we moved or when. In my defense, I literally lived less than a block away from this house before so I did assume it would be available a mere stone's throw down the road.

So to wrap it up, we've moved into this house 2 weeks ago, and we don't have internet. My next, and ONLY option is CenturyLink at 10MB/s and that is just not doable, we often complained 150download/20upload wasn't enough, as we really need high upload speeds. Desperately want Fiber loosely related note.

Is there anything I can do? I'm being told no over and over on the phone and in the local stores. We are IN TROUBLE if we're stuck with 10mbs CenturyLink.

Thanks for your time. Sorry for formatting, on mobile device. :/
Official Employee

Re: Area serviceability?

Hey there, jeschulte, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with getting the service started in your home! I would love to have the opportunity to help. Can you please send me a PM with your first/last name as well as the address you're looking to start service at? Thank you! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I have a similar issue with area serviceability being very close but not avaiable at my address. Can someone please contact me for help with this?

New Poster

Same here, service is available 1/2 mile up the road with some 10 houses in between but not at this specific property. I also depend on high-speed internet for work and it really frustrated me to learn that even when the service is available up the road not far from a location with no service, Comcast will charge per feet to install service, and this is if they even do it! I am a 13-year customer looking to buy this property, and doing my home-work. Hope Comcast can accomodate this extension before they start loosing long-term customers to the coming-soon 5G service providers. 

New Poster

Did comcast resolve your issue?