Community Forum

Are the X1 Boxes Ethernet, DVD IN or ANY OTHER CoNNECTION on the BACK of the X1 Boxes ENABLED?

New Poster

Are the X1 Boxes Ethernet, DVD IN or ANY OTHER CoNNECTION on the BACK of the X1 Boxes ENABLED?

Are the X1 Boxes Ethernet, DVD IN or ANY OTHER CoNNECTION on the BACK of the X1 Boxes ENABLED? ANd if not, WHY NOT? Ethernet connection to hardwire say a GAMING SYSTEM would be so much EASIER if you Enable the Ethernet thru the X1 Boxes, like a MIOCA Connection. You want to KEEP the Customers you have and maybe GET MORE CUSTOMERS? Stop Being DUMB and make things EASIER for your Customers! It seems to me that the Connection is there and some bean counter probably has some doofus reason not to enable them! The Ethernet OUT Connection on back of the Cable Boxes MUST BE ENABLED! Who's With me? I pledge to leave Copmcast for good if this is not rectified. And the small chance that it has but I am unaware of it, then Sorry Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Are the X1 Boxes Ethernet, DVD IN or ANY OTHER CoNNECTION on the BACK of the X1 Boxes ENABLED?

The TV boxes aren't robust enough to handle internet.  Also, hardware is often designed by manufactures with extra ports for "future use". It's very common to have ports that don't do anything. 

I agree though, it would be cool if the wireless boxes worked as internet access points. Maybe in the future?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!