Community Forum

Approved for Internet Essentials but SIK to be shipped for the 4th time now. No faith it's coming

Regular Visitor

Approved for Internet Essentials but SIK to be shipped for the 4th time now. No faith it's coming

Firstly, not interested in a tech install or picking a modem up at the store as neither of those options works for me. I need the SIK shipped to me. Sequence of events...

Aug 14th - Approved for program. Email says I'll recieve modem in 7 to 10 days. Decided to give them 14 days since program was just expanded and figure things might take longer due to rush of new approvals.

Aug 28th - Call to inquire since modem never arrived and they show no modem ever shipped. Rep again tells system to ship modem.

Aug 29th - Call to inquire to make sure modem will actually ship. Rep tells me that he walked over to actual computer that shows modems shipping or something and it doesn't show my order. Offers to order me a modem for the 3rd time. I decline because Hurricane Dorian's coming plus billing and shipping issues so decide to close account. This gives them time to fix things and for storm to pass. He tells me to call back whenever I'm ready to try again.

Sept 18 (wed)- Figure enough time's passed so call to establish service. Explain history to rep and he says he'll put in a rush order and that I'd get the modem in 1 or 2 days. Says it will come UPS.

Today (fri) - Modem didn't come thursday and UPS shows nothing being delivered today so call. Rep sees no sign of modem coming and offers to send it again as that's all he's able to do. I explain that doing the same exact thing for a 4th time is unlikely to solve things and that some other couse of action is required. He orders modem for 4th time and agrees to escalate issue.

At this point I really have no confidence in them so hoping an employee here can look into this for me.

Thanks

Expert

Re: Approved for Internet Essentials but SIK to be shipped for the 4th time now. No faith it's comin

@Salf 

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy. You can read about our PM Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Approved for Internet Essentials but SIK to be shipped for the 4th time now. No faith it's comin

Greetings, Salf! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. We apologize to hear that you have not received your modem as of yet. That's certainly frustrating and we would like to look into this further for you. Can you please send us a PM with your first and last name so we may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click the name "Comcast_Support" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I got alerted earlier today by UPS of an incoming package and later on an email from Comcast that the modem had shipped. Hopefully they'll my case and investigate what was causing continous breakdowns in the processs and rectify things. If the rep here had something with finally getting the modem out, thanks.

Official Employee

You're very welcome. If you need any further support, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.