Community Forum

Apparently it is impossible to get an internet only package...

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Apparently it is impossible to get an internet only package...

Backstory: Late last year I called Xfinity about my rates and was basically forced to "lower" my payment by adding TV service.  Fast forward to now: I am paying $67 a month for internet and TV service I don't even use which is ~$20 more a month than what I was paying when I just had internet (The extra charges were for a modem that Xfinity apparently just decided I should be charged for and some TV fees that were never included in the original price I was given).  Called customer service today to remove the TV service and was told that there was not a single package for regular customers that cost less than $79 a month unless I bundled with TV.  I find this to be a little rediculous that you are basically price gauged for having a service you don't use and then also price gouged for trying to remove that service.  So less services equals a greater cost??

Has anyone else had this experience?

Official Employee

Re: Apparently it is impossible to get an internet only package...

I understand your concern and would like to see if there are any deals to offer you. Can you verify your account information with me?  To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name on your account, street address including city, state, and zip code (apartment number if one on the account), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.