Community Forum

Anyway to contact a store owner/manager?

Regular Visitor

Anyway to contact a store owner/manager?

I'm a care taker for my elderly mother (account in her name) and last month I got us locked into a  2 year double play deal since the previous contract expired. On March 8th the cable box started acting up and after some long troubleshooting on the phone with support I decided to trade the box in. I went into the local Xfinity store and the associate who helped me switch the box told me he upped my mother's internet to 250mb which I thought was weird, but maybe some sort of courtsy for the issues. Well yesterday I check the account to find out that he changed us to a triple play with phone we don't need on a 2 year contract that will go up in one year. We didn't sign up for this or make any agreement which is fraud.

I went into the store yesterday and after a long wait talked to someone who said she didn't see any notes on the account as to why it happened and recommended I talk to the same associate.  So I waited longer for him to finish speaking with a customer. He then proceeded to try to tell me why the deal he fraudulently signed us up for was better and I let him know the speed didn't change, we didn't want phone, and I didn't want to renegotiate next year. He said he would take care of it, but he has not. I've also come to discover that the employees at this location watch out for each other and the local manager isn't very helpful. At this point, it isn't enough to just go back to the original deal. I would like to speak to the owner or district manager of this store and receive an answer as to why they think it's ok for their employees to sign us up/change our deal on our behalf when they aren't authorized to do so. I think I may have found the name of the person who is a regional manager of Mountain West district, but would like to confirm if anyone can help point me in the right direction it would be very appreciated because at this point I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make sure everyone is held accountable. Thanks.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Anyway to contact a store owner/manager?

@Goobly wrote:

I'm a care taker for my elderly mother (account in her name) and last month I got us locked into a  2 year double play deal since the previous contract expired. On March 8th the cable box started acting up and after some long troubleshooting on the phone with support I decided to trade the box in. I went into the local Xfinity store and the associate who helped me switch the box told me he upped my mother's internet to 250mb which I thought was weird, but maybe some sort of courtsy for the issues. Well yesterday I check the account to find out that he changed us to a triple play with phone we don't need on a 2 year contract that will go up in one year. We didn't sign up for this or make any agreement which is fraud.

I went into the store yesterday and after a long wait talked to someone who said she didn't see any notes on the account as to why it happened and recommended I talk to the same associate.  So I waited longer for him to finish speaking with a customer. He then proceeded to try to tell me why the deal he fraudulently signed us up for was better and I let him know the speed didn't change, we didn't want phone, and I didn't want to renegotiate next year. He said he would take care of it, but he has not. I've also come to discover that the employees at this location watch out for each other and the local manager isn't very helpful. At this point, it isn't enough to just go back to the original deal. I would like to speak to the owner or district manager of this store and receive an answer as to why they think it's ok for their employees to sign us up/change our deal on our behalf when they aren't authorized to do so. I think I may have found the name of the person who is a regional manager of Mountain West district, but would like to confirm if anyone can help point me in the right direction it would be very appreciated because at this point I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make sure everyone is held accountable. Thanks.

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against Forum Guidelines.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello @Goobly, thanks for reaching out and I want to offer my deepest apologies with what you have experienced with us at the local service center. It's upsetting to hear and I can definitely see how this would cause you frustration. I would be more than happy to further assist you with this concern! Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different?

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@Goobly, I'm happy I was able to further assist you with this. Please be sure to reach out for any future issues or concerns. Thank you and I hope you enjoy the rest of your week. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.