Community Forum

AnyRoom MoCA function stopped on my DCX3400M DVR

Regular Contributor

AnyRoom MoCA function stopped on my DCX3400M DVR

I renewed my plan  last October and stayed on the same Preferred Plus Triple Play plan that I had been on the past 2 years (even though the pricing is now more).

All three of my cable boxes are the same ones that I've had since 2010 (one DCX3400M AnyRoom DVR and two DCX3200M) and I've never had an issue with the AnyRoom DVR not working.

But the end of November, I noticed that the AnyRoom function was not working, and the service menu said the MoCA function was turned off.

I called Comcast and the lady that I spoke with was able to get the AnyRoom MoCA to work, as she said the codes on my account were wrong.

After about 3 weeks, the AnyRoom MoCA stopped working again mid-December.

I called back to Comcast, and the person I spoke with said the "AnyRoom Codes" were removed from my Account on Dec 5th, but she wasn't able to add them back, and gave me a phone number to Sales. I called the Sales number, and they sent me back to Tech Support.

I have called a few times and no one can seem to get the codes fixed on my account.

And I now see on my Billing Statement that it just list "DVR" and no longer says "AnyRoom DVR" like it had been.

This needs to get fixed, as it has gone on for months now.

Regular Contributor

Re: AnyRoom MoCA function stopped on my DCX3400M DVR

Wow. I'm overwhelmed by the response and help I'm getting from Comcast.

Silver Problem Solver

This is primarily a user-to-user forum, not official Comcast support. Also, I'm surprised it still works at all, as Comcast is mainly pushing X1, which supports Anyroom type funcionality much better.

Regular Contributor

@andyross wrote:

This is primarily a user-to-user forum, not official Comcast support. Also, I'm surprised it still works at all, as Comcast is mainly pushing X1, which supports Anyroom type funcionality much better.

The issue is that about 6 weeks after signing up for another 2 year contract renew in October, the AnyRoom function decided to turn off, as the MoCA was showed disabled in the service menu. When I called, the Rep said my account had the "wrong codes" and she had to remove the "regular DVR" code and add the "AnyRoom codes" this worked for a few weeks and then stopped again. Since then, when I call back, everyone can see the wrong codes are on the account, but no one is able to fix it. That's why I posted to the Forum to see if someone else from Comcast can fix the codes. I had send a PM to ComcastPhill (which fixed a signal issue I had last year) weeks ago about this, but never heard from him either.

It seems to me that Comcast as a whole no longer cares if a customer since 1996 is having issues with their 8 year old "legacy" equipment. I'm not interested in X1, as I would lose features and can't use my 2TB external drive for more DVR storage.

Regular Contributor

Ok, so now I see that my post was moved from the TV non-X1 forum to the Customer Service forums, which I've had no one from Comcast able to fix the issue.

Official Employee

Hi @FAUguy

Sorry for the experience you're having. I'd like to help make this right. I'd like to review your account to see if I have the correct codes for your equipment. Please send me a message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!